Created by: Hafiz MuhammadUmer
Programming Language: Java
System Requirements: Java Runtime Environment (jre) . Download jre 8 from here. Download jre 9 from here.
Minimum jre version: jre1.8.0_144
- Click here to download as jar file. Compatible with Windows, Linux and Mac.
- Click here to download as exe file. Compatible with Windows only.
Explanation: This is my first GUI application in java. It takes the date from the user and displays the calendar. The calculations are based on Umer’s Algorithm for Date to Day conversion. The program comes with a beautifully designed user interface giving you a good user experience. The program is made user friendly. The processing power of the program lies in its powerful algorithm which is able to calculate the accurate calendar upto 10^100,000 A.D within one second. The program is not based on approximations i.e. it is 100% precise.
- When the application starts, the window appears in the center of then screen.
- There are separate boxes for you to enter date, month and year (in A.D).
- The program will not allow you to enter alphabets and special characters in the boxes.
- When the program starts, the cursor is placed in the date box for your convenience.
- When the cursor is in a block, you can press the enter key to move it to the other block. You can also use arrow keys to move through the blocks.
- To display the calendar, you will have to press the ok button or simply press enter after entering date, month and year.
- When the calendar is displayed, the date will be highlighted in the calendar.
- The date box is fully optional. It means that you can enter only month and year to get the calendar but in this case no date on the calendar will be highlighted.
- If you leave the month or year box empty while pressing the ok button, the program displays a message reminding you that you must enter them in the box.
- When the program starts, the calendar of the current date is displayed. The date is obtained from your system.
- If you hover the cursor over the calendar buttons, they will highlight and pressing them will highlight them permanently.
- You can press the day buttons to highlight entire columns.
- For your convenience, there are clickable urls in the about section. Clicking on them will open the link in the default browser.
- There is a “Report a bug” button. By clicking on that you can report a bug to me if you find any.
- The most important feature of the program is its ability to calculate the calendar upto 10^100,000 A.D within one second. (The link for the source code is given in the next section).
Licence: The source code of the application is available at: