Now follow these steps:
1. Open a file manager in your android phone. Enable “Show hidden files” in the settings.
(If your file explorer does not have this option, install ES File Explorer. You will find the option in the left bar in the app)
2. Go to Internal Storage/WhatsApp/media/.Statuses folder. If you are using Whatsapp business, then go to Internal Storage/WhatsApp Business/media/.Statuses folder instead.
(If the .Statuses folder is not there make sure that you have turned the “Show hidden files” on in your file manager as described above.)
3. Find the status image/video/gif . In this step, you will copy the image/video/gif to another location in your phone to save it and make it visible in the gallery.
4. You have successfully saved the status. You can now share it anywhere. Make sure to copy it to a non hidden folder (A folder whose name does not start with a period “.”)
Saving statuses using WhatsApp web is also very easy. Follow these steps:
3. Open the status you want to save.
4. Right click the status and choose “Save as” option. Specify a location on your PC and you are done saving your status.