Changing the drive letter in Windows may allow you to manage your disks more efficiently. It is risky in some cases. For example, if you have installed any program in that partition of disk, it might not work properly. Also all the shortcuts referring to any location in that partition of disk will stop working. So try this at your own risk. It is usually safe for empty disks and removable medias.
1. Press WindowsKey + R to open run. Type diskmgmt.msc and press enter.
2. When the disk management window opens, right click the drive of which you want to change the letter and select Change Drive Letter and Paths
3. In the new window that opens, click Change
4. Open the drop down menu right to Assign the following drive letter
5. Select a drive letter for your drive.
6. Click on OK
7. If it displays a warning, accept it by clicking Yes
Share via Facebook _ Twitter _ Pinterest _ GooglePlus _ Email _ Blogger _ WhatsApp